The scores have all been tallied, calculated, and verified. We have a winning team for this first week of the five week OPEN Team Competition.
But, before we announce the overall winning team, here are our overall top three placing men and women in both the RX and Scaled divisions for both 15.1 and 15.1a:
15.1 Men / Women RX. Congratulations to all of you!!!
- Dylan Yuzbick – Team Sunshine & Rainbows / Melanie Turner – Da Ducks
- Justin Bruce – Team Sunshine & Rainboww / Nichole Casto – The Geek Squad
- Brandon Caskey – The Geek Squad / Julia Warren – The Geek Squad
15.1a Men RX:
- Dylan Yuzbick – Team Sunshine & Rainbows / Tara Chiarpotti – The Geek Squad
- Justin Bruce – Team Sunshine & Rainbows / Lisa Malone – Team Sunshine & Rainbows
- Bobby Jaeger – Team Sunshine & Rainbows / Nichole Casto – The Geek Squad
15.1 Men / Women Scaled:
- Ken Spielvogel – The Geek Squad / Monica Rehn – Team Sunshine & Rainbows
- Mario Alvarez – The Geek Squad / Anita Castles – The Geek Squad
- Seth Martin – Da Ducks / Heather Lindner – Da Ducks
15.1a Men / Women Scaled:
- Tied – Seth Martin – Da Ducks and George Lamore Da Ducks / Monica Rehn – Team Sunshine & Rainbows
- Tied – Charley Brown – The Geek Squad and Tony DiMercurio – The Geek Squad / Kira Levey – The Geek Squad
- Tied – Brandi Caskey – The Geek Squad, Jen Hibbard, Jen Spina, and Lois Peterson – all from Team Sunshine & Rainbows
SO, the OVERALL WINNING TEAM, based on individual and team performance AND participation for WEEK ONE is…
The Geek Squad! – with 204 pts
- Da Ducks came in 2nd with 192 pts
- Team Sunshine & Rainbows came in 3rd with 190 pts
Way to go GEEKS!!!
TEAM WOD: In teams of 4, complete 3 sets each of:
30 Calorie Row
30 Wall Ball Shots
*Teams get one rower and one wallball.
*Teams will establish an order and line up behind their rower, maintaining that order for the workout. An athlete may not move to the next station until the athlete in front of him has finished his reps.
WOD: 4 Rounds for Time of:
400 m Run
30 walking lunges
Kudos and Huge shout-outs to everyone who came in and did 15.1 and 15.1a this past few days! We had record numbers doing the OPEN, and the enthusiasm and support that everyone had for each other was AWESOME! We were especially impressed with the incredible effort people put into their outfits for the team competition! You are the coolest group of CrossFitters we know!
Here is the LONG and short of it…
Some of you didn’t put your second score on the board (if you did it again…) We are aware of this and are making the changes.
Once all scores have been inputted and verified, we will announce the 1st week’s Grand Winner of the Team Competition!
WOD: 15 min AMRAP
20 Alternating Goblet Lunges (53/35 lbs)
30 Kettlebell Swings (53/35 lbs)
The Lift: 10 min EMOM of 3 Back Squats (heavier than last week)
WOD: 8 min AMRAP
7 Power Cleans
IMPORTANT: If you have registered online for this year’s 2015 OPEN, please make sure to submit your scores by 5pm on Monday, March 2! We will be verifying online scores tomorrow night for CrossFit HQ. No scores will be allowed after 5pm! If you’d like to still make-up OR redo 15.1, please do that at one of the two Open Gym times on Monday: 8-9:30am and 2:00-4:00pm
As of Sunday, March 1st, the team with the most points for this first OPEN WOD is…
TIED between the Geek Squad and Da Ducks! (both teams currently have 91 points)
- 1pt per team member who completes 15.1
- 1pt per team member who wears his/her team’s costume to the 15.1 WOD
- 1pt per team member who has registered online for the 2015 OPEN
Once all scores are in Monday evening, points will be given for:
- 2pts per top three scores for both male and female members in the RX and Scaled divisions in the gym competition (on the WODboard)
- 3pts for the top team in the online OPEN (Custom Leaderboard – which will be up on Tuesday)
WOD: FOR TIME:
Thrusters (115/80 lbs)
then, immediately following:
Burpee Box Jumps (24/20″)
Squat Cleans (115/80 lbs)
WOD: FOR TIME:
Thrusters (light weight)
Every Sunday, CrossFit Classes are Fun and Free to South Lake Tahoe locals interested in South Tahoe CrossFit!
Why not join us for a Free WOD this Sunday?
This Sunday’s Schedule of Free* Classes:
8:00 – 11:00: Open Gym + 15.1/15.1a Make-ups and Redos (don’t forget your team “swag”!)
8:30-9:30: Free Class for locals interested in CrossFit*
10:00-11:00: Free Class for locals interested in CrossFit*
* Drop-in fees still apply to CrossFit visitors from out of town.
What a DAY! The fun and excitement and overall spirit for the competition that is the OPEN was more than evident at STCF today – ALL DAY LONG! We wanted to make the OPEN something that everyone could look forward to: something fun, yet challenging, yet competitive. Not just for the ELITE… but for all of our members! We are so proud of your efforts today. Many of you had PRs on your clean and jerks, while others completed their first ever OPEN WOD, and didn’t die!! The camaraderie was palpable and the competition fierce! Here’s to four more of these OPEN WODS!!