This Monday is Memorial Day!! We will be hosting two classes on Monday morning: 9:00 and 10:00! The WOD? The Murph Challenge! For more information, or if you’d like to donate to the foundation in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005, please visit the link: Memorial Day Murph Challenge.
3 Rounds for Time:
400 meter Run
25 Deficit Push-ups (25lb plates)
2 Rope Climbs
3 Rounds for Time:
300 meter Run
6 Rope Walk Up and Down (from a supine position, walk your hands up the rope until standing, and then walk them down to starting position – this counts as 1)
Mobility Classes are at noon and 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays…don’t forget to reserve your spot in the WODhopper!
This coming Monday is Memorial Day. We will be hosting two Memorial Day Murph Challenges on Monday at 9:00 am and 10:00 am. We will be closed for the rest of the day. We will be on normal schedule this Saturday and Sunday, though!
5 Rounds for Time:
6 Squat Clean Thrusters (135/95 lbs)
9 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
Novice WOD: 5 Rounds for Time:
6 Squat Clean Thrusters (65/35 lbs)
9 Ring Rows
1. Monday, May 25th, is Memorial Day, and we’ll be doing the Memorial Day Murph Challenge! This is a grueling workout in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. Most CrossFit gyms around the world will honor his memory through this workout on Memorial Day. There is also a Foundation in his name that you can help support. Please donate if you can: Memorial Day Murph Challenge
2. Saturday, June 20th is the Rock Tahoe Half Marathon! We will also be manning an aid station for all of these awesome athletes, including our own STCF athletes!
3. Friday, August 21st is the GORUCK Tough Challenge. Some of our members are already signed up for this event!
4. October 3rd and 4th is the Lake Tahoe Spartan Beast .Again, some of our badass members are already registered and have begun training for this event!
Speaking of the Spartan Races, we have a special deal for our athletes looking to challenge their fitness outside of the box!
Register now with discount code MEMORIAL and you can save up to $40 off your race fee.
Here’s one more way to test your fitness:
“Regionals Chipper” – Lite
This was EVENT 3 on Saturday for Individual Regional Athletes…except that their weights were a tiny bit heavier, and they had 100 GHDs in place of our sit-ups… Giddy-up!
WOD: For Time / 30 min. timecap!
1 mile run
50 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs)
50 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (95/65 lbs)
100 Box Jump Overs (20/16″)
NOVICE WOD: For Time / 30 min. timecap!
600 m run
35 Overhead Squats (35/15 lbs)
200 Single Jumps
35 Kettlebell Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (26/18 lbs)
60 Box Jump Overs (16/12″)
- Mobility Classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon and 5pm! Don’t forget to RSVP through the WODhopper!
- It’s week three of May’s Core Challenge: Hollow Rocks with a Twist! Make sure to do two sets of 20 every day this week!